Business Support Assistant job with Essex County Council
Business support assistant
Fixed term, full time
Â£ 16,642 to Â£ 19,579 per year
Closing date: 07/06/2021
This is a CDD initially of 6 months.
This position will, in accordance with current government guidelines, be PRIMARILY home based. Will be expected to work onsite at Goodman House, Harlow 1-2 days per week However, if / when government guidelines change then the role may revert to being primarily office based, while retaining some flexible work options as per Council of Essex County. flexible mobile work policy.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the large, dynamic and highly regarded Essex County Council Business Support Team, which works in specialist business centers across Essex, promoting specialized knowledge and improving service and efficiency.
The Business Support teams provide exceptional administration and customer service to all functional areas of Essex County Council (ECC). Our multi-skilled teams provide services from business center hubs; provide a wide variety of support for high volume processes and tasks such as data entry and management, minute taking, financial tasks, handling high volume calls, receiving and requesting assistance. We also support frontline social care teams who need a more integrated support approach.
We are proactive, forward thinking and solution oriented; we streamline processes and maximize digital opportunities. In doing so, we are helping to make the ECC more effective in achieving better outcomes for the people of Essex than it could without our support.
We value our employees and help them strive to realize their potential and follow their career path within our organization, giving them the tools and the learning to get there.
This role involves working within a business support team to provide efficient and routine administrative support within a business center; learn and develop an understanding of existing processes and systems and develop knowledge about social care teams and other business functions.
As a Business Support Assistant, you will provide general administrative support to ECC, taking care of the day-to-day work requested by the Business Center Manager. Accurate and efficient data entry into ECC systems is required to ensure that all customer service requests are met within a specified time frame and comply with data protection policies.
ECC provides a note-taking service on request. Therefore, relevant transferable skills are desirable, but full training will be provided.
- Provide high quality, effective and efficient business support services to internal and external customers within agreed timeframes and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests quickly and efficiently.
- Act as a professional representative of the business support service at the local level.
- Carry out the required activities of the respective business center (s).
- Provide high quality self-directed administrative support, audit own work and proactively seek to raise standards.
- Maintain confidential records in accordance with Essex County Council guidelines.
- Handle correspondence for the team or department in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Share knowledge and best practices with colleagues and highlight more efficient ways of performing tasks.
Skills and experience required:
- Good basic education level – 5 GCSE grade C and above (including math and English) or comparable experience / qualifications.
- Ability to operate computerized systems with a high level of speed and precision, including Microsoft Office applications and internal ECC databases.
- Previous experience in managing electronic or paper filing systems.
- Ability to communicate in a way that is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
- As part of this role, you may have access to sensitive and / or personal information.
- Ability to think about other ways of doing things and to be open to new working practices and responsive to change.
- Ability to take ownership of the work and fulfill agreed commitments, verifying the accuracy of the work.
- This position may require minute taking experience so relevant transferable skills are desirable, but full training will be provided.
As part of your employment with Essex County Council, if your role requires a DBS check, you will need to register for the DBS Update Service. The DBS Update Service ensures that all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorized parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring that it is maintained. For more information on the DBS update service, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to all of its employees. For more information, please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of vulnerable children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek out the best talent from the largest pool of people because diversity is the key to our success.
If you have any questions about this role or if you need something more, please send us an email or call us on 0333 013 5888. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.